Friday, January 11, 2013

A Sweet Sound

Im sitting here alone in my house, listening to the bang bang of Todd hammering the laundry roof outside. This is the sound of home improvements but for me it is also a sweet sound, the sound of health and a miracle.

This last week Todd has painted the eaves of our house, we've had 2 families over for  meals, he worship lead, and we spent a whole day wandering around town. This is amazing. Usually after just one of these activities his head would play up and he'd be on the couch for a day recovering. Not only this but we've just had Christmas, and traveling up North plus all the Christmas festivities would usually have him on the couch for a week recovering. It is a miracle! I haven't seen my couch so empty in years, it must be having Toddy withdrawals ;) I remember Chi's news book in Kinder, nearly every page was about daddy laying on the couch watching tv, haha, I wonder what the teacher thought!
Yesterday Todd said he is starting to feel like himself again and you have no idea how happy this makes me. I hate seeing him in pain and frustrated cos he cant do what he wants. And we now have HOPE that he may indeed be able to do what he wants, and not be trapped inside the brain injured body, that has held him prisoner for the last 4.5 years.

He really is a different person. He has been happy and joking around. I had totally forgotten what he was like. Im remembering his strange sense of humor, and getting used to it all over again :) I have laughed so much over the last couple of months, it's great!!

Im so happy but deep down im scared, scared that tomorrow or next week we will wake up and he will be sick, and things are back to how they were. I'm scared that i'll have to mourn the loss of my active, happy, joking, best friend, once again. Someone told me to just enjoy today and make the most of the healthy times, and that's what im doing!  I'm really trusting in God to continue healing him and i'm just so thankful to God for what He has done so far, it has changed our lives completely and we are feeling so, so blessed! Thankyou everyone who has been praying for us over the last 4 years, we love you. His health is a total answer to prayer, where the Doctors have no answers or solutions, God has health and Victory!!! Thankyou friends and thankyou Jesus!!!

... bang bang, i can still here that hammering... what a sweet, sweet sound.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jesus!! I am so pleased for you, Todd and your precious children. I love the way you are able to express your thoughts Bec, you are such a blessing to many, love you lots xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete