Sunday, November 24, 2013

If I died Today... Monday Morning Ponderings.

Yesterday I was talking to an older person who I look up to. 
She seems young, she never seems to stop, and she accomplishes amazing things.  I asked her about how she does it, I asked her if she ever stops... 
Her answer surprised me. 

She said that she doesn't stop because if she died today she doesn't want to leave things undone; unfinished.  This applies to her ministry and also to her home life. She has to do the washing straight away because if she dies today people may come into her house and think, why didn't she wash those things? She is funny. She said she can see herself watching from heaven and cringing as they look at the dirty washing. This cracked me up because as if people would really think that... but this is how she thinks. This is her mindset and this is how she achieves so much!!  This lady serves and loves people in a way that inspires me greatly. She goes out of her way to help and bless others. She gives everything, she leaves nothing undone and what an impact it has on those around her!

I want to be more like this. I want to live my life knowing that if I died today, things wouldn't be left unfinished. Im going to make my bed every morning,  im going to fold my washing instead of leaving it for days. Im not meaning im going to always have a spotless house, I just mean I want to put a few routines into place that will help :)  I want to be the best version of myself. Im going to send that 'Im thinking of you' card, that I was meaning to send to a friend. I'm going to read my children that book they are have been begging me to read. I want to be a wise steward of the time that God has given me on this earth. Im going to try my hardest (im not perfect). I'm going to love people and sow Godly seeds everywhere possible so that If I die today I know I have done my best with the time I had.

My outlook has been changed by her simple answer. 
Don't be scared to ask questions. Learn from people you admire. Particularly the older people. They have been around a lot longer and have learnt alot over the years.  They hold great wisdom. Wisdom that NEEDS to be passed down to the next generation.  

These are the thoughts going through my head on this Monday morning.
And yes, I did make my bed today.

Bec xx


No comments:

Post a Comment